- Guide to Living Longer (Alex K. Chen) (most important)
- How to reduce brain decline with age (or maximize mindspan) (2nd most important)
- The most promising supplements/small molecules for longevity (3rd most important)
- The eminently readable list of personalities in longevity/aging
- Canonical aging papers (more worth reading than others) - #2 by AlexKChen (must-read). Written only after a few hours. Will spend many of the next few weeks expanding on this.
- ** https://forum.longevitybase.org/t/communities-forums-online-communities-in-geroscience-aging **
- What are your "must-read" books on aging?
- Will improvements in microscopic imaging help progress longevity research?
- InquilineKea - EA Forum (contains debate between me and Florin on SENS). Also Alex K. Chen - LessWrong
- What sites are on your blogroll/RSS? - #2 by AlexKChen
- https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-long-term-effects-of-Adderall-Dexedrine-or-Ritalin-use/answer/Alex-K-Chen (use modafinil+caffeine as a substitute!)
- What are your favorite visual databases/interactive things for the biosciences? - #3 by AlexKChen
- my biochem liked items on youtube - SFI Community Event - Nick Lane - YouTube
- my Pinterest content: https://www.pinterest.com/inquilinekea/biochemistry-of-aging/ | https://www.pinterest.com/inquilinekea/aging/
- reddit content: https://www.reddit.com/user/inquilinekea
How to age as slowly as possible
- How to reduce microplastics - #2 by AlexKChen
- InquilineKea - CR Society Forum
- How Taiwanese Woman Lure Hsu Looks So Young | ELLE Australia
- Calorie Restriction, Part II: Monkey Studies - Peter Attia
- Which biohackers/quantified-self'ers do you like to follow? - #3 by fountainofyouth
Ppl to follow/stalk
- Rhonda Patrick, Jose Ricon, JP de Magalhaes
Improving/grounding your understanding of aging biology
- The most important genes/proteins/enzymes for aging - #3 by AlexKChen
- List of aging-relevant bionumbers/basic units - #2 by AlexKChen (bionumbers.org! and Phillips Physical Biology of the Cell)
- List of "biological primitives"/bionumbers in aging (and ways to measure them)
- List of biology/chemistry posts with insane levels of insight - #2 by AlexKChen
The central/high-density questions for aging
- Why do neurons shrink with age? (even though they don't die) - #2 by AlexKChen
- Do antioxidants oxidize more quickly when stored? (eg is 10-year old Vitamin C or B vitamins or molecules full of double-bonds [like carotenoids] more “damaged” from oxidation than, say, 10-year old amphetamine?). Do you preferentially refrigerate antioxidants if you have limited fridge/freezer space?
- https://www.reddit.com/r/neuroscience/comments/mktwnj/are_there_layers_of_cortex_that_shrinkage_faster/ ( Are there layers of cortex that shrink/age faster than others? deeper L5 vs superficial L1? glutamate-rich? center of neuronal hubs like retrosplenial cortex?)
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Biochemistry/comments/nnis51/how_do_structural_biologists_keep_the_individual/ (How do structural biologists keep the individual SNP substitutions (and post-translational modification sites) to a protein high-contrast enough to have enough personality to be memorable? Like SIRT6 T294)
- How do you analytically measure age-related changes to coordination between RNA transcripts (eg through spliceosomes). Modifying age-related changes to RNAs may be easier than maintaining correct spliceosome fidelity when translating new proteins. William Mair has some answers to this, as does Chris Mason (the epitranscriptome). How do bowhead whales/naked mole rats do this so well?
- Alex K. Chen’s answer to What are the biological causes of aging?
- Is hormesis more potent in younger animals than older animals (which may have poorer stress response)?
How to train a second Laura Deming (the only Millenial to get a true Diamond Age education). And how to not get discouraged
- What many have called my most important post
- I will write more on this. By defining your own life path and ignoring Girardian pressures that everyone else goes through (and by catering ONLY to your strengths and getting the world to help you on your weaknesses, you can focus 100% on the aging problem AND NOT FEEL stress/depression at all. THE MOST IMPORTANT LIFEHACK OF ALL TIME). Lada has said that she feels the least stress when focusing on the problem (even though others think it’s so stressful for lada to be thinking about aging all th tiem)
- will write more on how not to get discouraged. having a high-verbal agility mentor who understands you enough to resolve all your anxieties and make you feel super-secure is it
Ending Technological Stagnation (and making Pareto improvements to kill stupid sources of unfun inefficiency and all the stupid cognitive waste in the world from traditional institutions and Girardian mimesis)
- Reinventing Societal Infrastructure with Technology | by Vinod Khosla | Medium
- "20 Percent Doctor Included" & Dr. Algorithm: Speculations and Musings of a Technology Optimist | Khosla Ventures
- Why are modern scientists so dull? How science selects for perseverance and sociability at the expense of intelligence and creativity - ScienceDirect (worth a read though i don’t agree on everything)
- Balaji Srinivasan: Living in the Future - David Perell
- Techno-optimism roundup - by Noah Smith - Noahpinion
- Answering the Techno-Pessimists, Part 4: Science Slowdown?
- Also read Sarah Constantin, Jose Luis Ricon, Collision Brothers, Progress Studies people
- Gitcoin + Vita: Longevity Quadratic Funding Round - Google Docs
- New Science's Report on the NIH - New Science
[let’s also just say that the creators of forum software LIKE THIS and certain kinds of social media like reddit and Danielle Strachman of Thiel Fellowship have done more to solve aging than most aging researchers]
*Reconfiguring social incentives/solving the coordination problem/reducing trauma and making people happy EVEN as they solve the aging problem (will write more later)!! Also what I would do if I got access to $50 million and how to allocate people to doing what they are best at doing so they feel comfortable devoting all their time to solving the problem [a la Fable of the Dragon Tyrant]. There are so many pareto-optimal improvements we’re looking at
- will write more on this
[also some people have immense roam/onenote/remnote notebooks - you should ask to see them]
If you’d like to donate to me (I need all the time in the world to write the best guide possible + maximize your chances at achieving whatever age you want to achieve) - my bitcoin deposit address is at 3M1ngDTqhA4uhU9abC6TWtyeDrFuGurLu6 and my ethereum deposit address at 0xe5aedfe42d710540ca46b7880adda960c3b2ac3b. Zelle/PayPal at email@example.com